By Steven J. Hogan
~ A Saturday Morning Post #45 ~
In the Bible, God has told us many things that will be occurring before the coming of Christ. One significant thing He wants us to know is that the Antichrist will be ruling over this whole world, politically, militarily and economically, but also spiritually. It will be the Antichrist and a one world religion. “The whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast (Antichrist)… they worshiped the beast.” Revelation 13:3-4
But how do we get to the point where there are no more religions, no more Catholics, Lutherans, Muslims or Buddhists, etc., where everyone is worshiping the Antichrist? That seems impossible! People now go to churches, mosques, temples and synagogues; and many don’t attend any place of worship, but rather stay at home and watch football or soccer, or go out to eat, or go shopping, or go to the movies, or whatever. Every person is a worshiper, and always worships someone or something.
Let me share how we will get to that time when the world is worshiping the Antichrist:
1. Globalism. Everything on this earth is moving towards globalism. You see it with an increasing desire for one world government. You see it with travel, and that you can go anyplace in the world. You see it with the economy, with foreign made goods being sold in every country. You see it with the English language being spoken all over the world. You see it with communication, with the internet and smart phones. You see it with globally shared music and movies. You see it with currency. You see it with open borders. And when you put it all together, you can see how we are getting closer to global unity and a global dictator, to one devilish man ruling the whole world.
2. Birth pains. Problems in the world, specifically the birth pains, earthquakes, famines and wars, will necessitate global solutions (Matthew 24:4-8). Eventually, a smart, sharp, and strong leader will take charge, solve our problems and bring “peace” to the world.
3. False prophets. False prophets and antichrists will increasingly be teaching that God’s word isn’t true, Christ isn’t God, man isn’t sinful, salvation isn’t through Christ alone, and that there’s no heaven and hell. (Matthew 24:11, 1 John 3:18). False teachers will be emphasizing “peace” and “love”, but diminishing truth and holiness. Popes will be pushing for unity, but it’s a fake unity. Churches and religion in general will be getting less popular, and attendance at places of worship will be decreasing.
4. Apostasy. There will be an apostasy, a falling away, a turning away, a huge defection from the church. “Many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and mislead many” (Matthew 24:10-11, 21). But these defectors were never true Christians in the first place. And they will turn from the Lord, turn against Christians, and turn them in to the authorities. It will be very evident that there are just Christians and non-Christians, believers and non-believers. “The apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3
5. Deception. “God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false” (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12). Unbelievers in the world won’t be believing the truth, and so God will permit these unrighteous people to be deceived even more by all these Satan inspired signs and wonders. From the context of these verses you can see easily how these sinners will be worshiping the Antichrist. Revelation 13:11-14
6. “Resurrection” of the beast. The Bible isn’t completely clear on the details, but some kind of seeming miracle takes place with regards to the beast, and people all over the world will be so amazed and in awe that they’ll worship this Antichrist. Revelation 13:3
7. Religions destroyed. Revelation 17:1-7 says that this harlot, this wicked woman symbolizing the false religions, will be destroyed, for the devil will have no more use for them. Revelation 17:16 says, “The ten horns you saw, and the beast (Antichrist), will hate the harlot and make her desolate and naked.” At this time, the midpoint of Daniel’s 70th week, the world will be so deceived that they will think this Antichrist is God, and will then worship him. “The man of lawlessness is revealed… who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
All this, the globalism, birth pains, false prophets, apostasy, deception, “resurrection”, and destruction of religions, will be the means and motivation by which unbelievers in the world will worship this beast, this Antichrist. Right before Christ’s return there will be either the false religion of the Antichrist or Christianity. People will be worshiping God or worshiping the devil. But don’t be afraid, for God is in charge. And don’t forget, Christ will build His church, and we’ll be working with Him, preaching the gospel and making disciples right up to the end of the age. By God’s grace we will overcome, and then Christ will return to rapture the church, pour out His wrath on the unbelievers, defeat the Antichrist, and then rule over the world. Revelation 1:4-8
P.S. Please email me at: email@example.com if you would like a free copy of Marvin Rosenthal’s instructive and encouraging pamphlet entitled: “As a Thief in the Night”. If you haven’t read my Thanksgiving article, which I recently posted, you can check it out here: Being Thankful – The Character of a Christian.