By Steven J. Hogan
~ A Saturday Morning Post #2 ~
Right in the middle of a prophecy passage, Jesus says, “Behold, I have told you everything ahead of time.” Mark 13:23. This verse really motivates me to want to know what God wants me to know about these days leading up to Christ’s return. Today, I want to give you a “table of contents”, a preview and an overview of our future. Might God excite your heart with the truth about His plans for you and the church, and for this earth.
- Prophecy is not man’s word, it is God’s Word; and it is going to take place just like He promised. Matthew 24:35, Revelation 1:1-3
- JESUS CHRIST, the CREATOR of the world, the LORD of lords, the SAVIOR of souls, the JUDGE of the earth, and the KING of kings, is actually returning to this earth, and nothing will stop HIM. Luke 21:27, Psalm 98:9
- The church age started after Christ’s 1st coming and will end before His 2nd coming. We are now living at the end of this age, and the next age will soon begin. Romans 13:10-11, Acts 2:17-21
- We know we are living at the end of this age, in the end times, because according to God’s promise, the Jews have been regathering to their land. Ezekiel 36-37; Daniel 12:4, 9
- God’s work with the Jews in the end times is in conjunction with God’s work with the church in the end times. Since this is true, then we know that Christ is coming soon, first to rapture the church, and then to save a remnant of Jews. Matthew 24:4-27; Revelation 7, 14:1-3
- Calamitous events (“birth pains”) will take place around the world, but don’t be surprised, for God told us this would happen. Trust Him, and He will give you peace. Psalm 46, Matthew 24:4-8
- Daniel’s 70th week is a future 7 year time frame during which many prophesied events, affecting both Jews and Christians, will be taking place. Daniel 9:24-27, Revelation 6-14
- The next major prophesied event to take place is the signing / confirming of a peace treaty between the Jews and the Antichrist at the beginning of Daniel’s 70th week. Daniel 9:27
- The Antichrist is revealed to the world at the midpoint of Daniel’s 70th week. Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15
- Christians will go through great tribulation brought on by the Antichrist but they will not go through the wrath of God. Acts 14:22, 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10, Revelation 7:14
- Christians are to be preaching the gospel and making disciples until the end of this age, and then Jesus Christ will return to rapture the believers from this earth. Matthew 24:13-14, 28:19-20
- No one knows the exact time of the rapture except God, but we can know the general time, for prophesied events are and will be taking place, signaling that Christ’s return is getting closer. Matthew 24:32-36, Hebrews 10:25
- Major prophetic events that will take place at Christ’s return: rapture of the church, wrath of God on earth, redemption of the Jews, and reign of Christ on earth. Revelation 7-20
- God will fulfill His promises to the Jews at the end of Daniel’s 70th week – the Abrahamic (land), Davidic (King) and New (salvation) Covenants. Psalms 110-111, Ezekiel 37:21-23, Daniel 9:24
- Everything always has and always will ultimately be about the Kingdom of God. In this church age the Kingdom of God is in us, but the next age will soon begin and Christ will set up His Kingdom on this earth. Psalms 47, 67, 72, 145; Ephesians 1:20-21
- As a Christian you need hope, and hope means looking forward to being with Christ! being in heaven! being with believers! being in a new body! and being rewarded! Romans 5:1-5!
I know there is a lot here, but again this is just a preview of upcoming posts. Stick with it, and in the weeks and months ahead we will be going over these things in much greater depth and detail, and keep learning. Please check out the charts linked to these points, for they are designed to give you greater understanding, and to help you see the big picture. For all of us, by God’s grace and for God’s glory, let’s keep making disciples “to the very end of the age.”
PS – I want to let you know that I’ll be regularly adding more charts and articles. Feel free to use or copy them for yourself, your family or your church. Contact me at stevehogan@ChristsKingdom.org if you have any thoughts or questions. May God bless you, and use you for His purposes and glory.