By Steven J. Hogan
~ A Saturday Morning Post #36 ~
Has not God told us the future? Has not God told us what will be taking place in the years leading up to the coming of Christ and the rapture of the church? Has God not clearly told us in His word what we need to know? Yes, He most definitely has! And I’m so glad He has written it all down for us. We don’t need to guess or wonder, or worse yet, listen to false prophets and profiteers who aren’t telling the truth but are only tickling people’s ears. Please don’t be naïve, confused, misinformed or in error. Take heed to the word of God, and find out what your heavenly Father wants you to know.
Over the course of the coming months I’ll be systematically going over many specific events that the Bible says will be taking place before the return of Christ to this earth. In the past few weeks, I’ve been examining the birth pains (birth pangs), and today I want to sum things up by sharing ten relevant points about them.
1. These “birth pains” are described as false Christs, wars, rumors of wars, plagues, famines, earthquakes, and financial distress.
2. These “birth pains” are spoken of in Matthew 24:4-8, Mark 13:5-8, Luke 21:8-11 and Revelation 6:1-8. The fact that God repeats them four different times gives a great deal of added weight to their truth and importance.
3. They are called “birth pains”, which is instructive, for it means they will increase in both frequency and intensity. That is, these end time “birth pains” will get nearer and nearer together and harder and harder as we get closer to the coming of Christ.
4. Matthew 24:6-7 tells us that “you will be hearing of wars”, and “in various places there will be famines and earthquakes”. Do you see this? These “birth pains” aren’t occurring in every city and country in the world, but only in “various places”. People on this earth will be “hearing” about them, but most will not be experiencing them.
5. To the discerning Christian it will be very obvious that these “birth pains” are increasing in frequency and intensity – those believers who are spiritually awake and alert will sense in their heart that Christ will be coming soon. Hebrews 10:25
6. Just like a mother experiences birth pains over a period of time, so too these earthly “birth pains” will occur over a period of time. Some believe they start at the beginning of Daniels’ 70th week and go on for only a few years, but the very nature of these events, and in particular, famines, wars and financial crisis, suggest they take place over a longer period. Personally, I believe they’ve already been going on for a long time.
7. One of the results of these “birth pains” is that people, unbelievers in particular, will desire and even be desperate for a global leader to bring order and peace to the world, this then leading to the acceptance and worship of that most devilish Antichrist.
8. These “birth pains” are taking place before the coming of Christ, proving that the rapture of the church is not imminent, and cannot happen at any moment. Many other discernible prophesied events will also occur before the return of Christ.
9. Matthew 24:4-8 says, “all these things are the beginning of birth pains.” The “birth pains” happening at this present time do not mean that the rapture will be right away. “When you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified, for these things must take place first, but the end does not follow immediately.” Luke 21:9. Many more things still need to take place before Christ’s return – a Jewish peace treaty, the revealing of the Antichrist, nations forming alliances, people taking the mark, great tribulation, etc.
10. People who say these “birth pains” are part of the “Day of the Lord’s” wrath, are wrong, are in error. Revelation 6:1-8 identifies these birth pains as the first four seals, and goes on to make it super clear (Revelation 6:15-17) that they will all take place before God’s wrath, the trumpet and bowl judgments of Revelation 8-9, 16. Revelation 6 speaks about birth pains, tribulation and the end of the age. Revelation 7 is about the sealing of the Jews and the rapture. Revelation 8-9 describes the wrath of God.
There’s no denying the truth of God’s Word with regards to these birth plains – you must not ignore or take lightly what God is telling you, for they are now occurring in the world around us (e.g., rumors of war with N. Korea, earthquakes in Mexico, and 20 million people experiencing famine in Africa), and will continue to happen until Christ’s coming. We should be very thankful that our Father told us these things ahead of time. We’re His kids, and He wants us to believe what He’s telling us. He wants us to trust Him and love Him and be looking for His Son’s return. Live for Jesus in these years before the rapture by being a faithful saint, a hard-working servant and a brave soldier. “Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your work in the Lord is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
P.S. – Jesus Christ did not come back on September 23, 2017. Many things still need to take place before His return and the rapture of the church.
P.P.S. – Be praying for the people and families so catastrophically affected in Mexico City by the earthquake, and in Puerto Rico by the hurricane, for both their physical and spiritual needs.